Garrett AT Pro
- Waterproof to 10 feet
- Great discrimination
- Suits a wide range of prospecting activities
- Gold! Better at finding gold than cheaper models
- Accurate! Easy to sort trash from treasure
- You have to tune it way down in salt water and it can still be chatty
In this Garrett AT Pro review, we’ll step you through the key features of this metal detector that’s aimed at the more experienced treasure hunter.[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”500″ identifier=”B00SU3NPM4″ locale=”US” src=”https://fossickr.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/51gfcQakYOL.jpg” tag=”fossickr0a-20″ width=”500″]
About the Garrett AT Pro metal detector
This all-terrain metal detector offers new and exclusive Garrett technology that makes it ideal for hunting relics, coins, jewelry, caches and gold nuggets. This is the model Denise upgraded to in 2016. She loves that it’s lightweight and balanced. She can use it for hours without tiring. She’s a fan of the VLF metal detector (over Pulse Induction) for gold nugget hunting, so this model is right up her ally.
Denise has found the AT Pro has been super for detecting coins (though we all know she loves nuggets best of all). With the auto ground balance feature, there’s no need to calibrate the unit. All you need to do is move the search coil up and down a few times. Too easy!
This is a waterproof metal detector to ten feet. That’s one of the things that sets it apart from the ACE 400. The control box on the AT Pro is submersible whereas it isn’t on the ACE 400. The AT Pro is suitable for fresh or salt water whereas the ACE 400 is restricted to fresh water only.Click to check today’s price
What the Garrett AT Pro is best for
We highly recommend the Garrett AT Pro metal detector for prospectors who are:
- coin hunting
- jewelry hunting
- relic hunting
- cache hunting
- ghost town hunting
- doing competition events
- dry beach hunting
- fresh water hunting.
We also recommend it for relic hunting, jewelry hunting, ghost town hunting, and prospecting.[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”182″ identifier=”B006J61ZKS” locale=”US” src=”https://fossickr.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/51pb4t0DBJL.jpg” tag=”fossickr0a-20″ width=”500″]
Is it suitable for a beginner? Sure, but you’re going to have to go on a steep learning curve. If you’re sure metal detecting is the hobby for you, then I recommend buying the Garrett AT Pro over its lower-cost siblings with less features. You’ll more than make up the money you spend by being able to detect more and more often. The AT Pro will find the coins that the ACE 150 or ACE 200 will probably miss. It’s definitely worth the investment.
Key features of the Garrett AT Pro metal detector
Each kit comes with:
- Pro Mode Audio™: Proportional Audio and Tone Roll Audio™ features allow you to hear characteristics of a target as you would in a True All-Metal Mode.
- High-Res Iron Discrimination™: Use touchpads to set iron discrimination in one of 40 levels for precise ability to separate good targets from trash.
- Digital Target ID: 0 to 99 Target ID scale offers increased ability to distinguish a target’s conductivity from another.
- Iron Audio™: You can hear discriminated iron and alter the detector’s mid-tone signal’s range
- Fast Recovery Speed: Allows greater ability to pick out good targets amongst trash
- All Terrain Versatility: Weatherproof housing designed for dusty, humid or wet environments; unit can be submerged to a maximum 10-foot depth.
- 15 kHz frequency: improved detection of small targets, gold nuggets, jewelry
- Ground Balance: automatic and manually adjustable for improved performance
- Graphic Target Analyzer™ (GTA): identifies target’s conductivity
- Continuous Coin Depth Indicator: to determine target depth
- Battery Condition Indicator: shows battery life continually
- Headphones: suitable for land (not waterproof).
This metal detector is designed for more advanced hunters.Buy it now! [easyazon_image align=”none” height=”182″ identifier=”B006J61ZKS” locale=”US” src=”https://fossickr.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/419YgY67VyL.jpg” tag=”fossickr0a-20″ width=”500″]
How the Garrett AT Pro metal detector works
Check out this video from Garrett that’ll give you an overview of the AT Pro.
Garrett also provides four instructional videos on how to use the AT Pro on their YouTube Channel.
Garrett AT Pro specifications
For those of you with a bit more metal detecting experience, here are the product’s specs.
|Target ID Cursor Segments||20 (notchable)|
|Iron Discrimination Segments||40|
|Search Modes||6 (3 Standard, 3 Pro modes)|
|Audio Tone ID Levels||3|
|Standard Searchcoil||8.5″ x 11″ DD PROformance|
|Length (Adjustable)||43″ to 56″ (1.09m – 1.4m)|
|Total Weight||3.03 lbs. (1.4 kgs.)|
|Batteries||4 AA (included)|
Garrett AT Pro shipping information
Here are the things you need to know about its size and weight if you want to get one shipped:
- Product dimensions: 21.5 x 14.8 x 6.2 inches
- Item weight: 7.7 pounds
- Shipping weight: 7.7 pounds
The Garrett AT Pro warranty
Garrett equipment is protected by a limited parts and labor warranty for two years from the date of purchase. You can read more about the warranty on the Garrett website.Click to check today’s price [easyazon_image align=”none” height=”500″ identifier=”B06X9Q16R7″ locale=”US” src=”https://fossickr.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/610aOT1TzhL.jpg” tag=”fossickr0a-20″ width=”499″]
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that if you find this post helpful and click on one of the product links, we’ll receive a small commission from the seller at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here. Thank you for supporting our family ?
Last modified: August 14, 2018