In this Garrett ACE 350 review, we’ll step you through the key features of this powerful metal detector that’s aimed at the beginner to the intermediate treasure hunter.
About the Garrett ACE 350 metal detector
The Garrett 350 metal detector is an upgraded version of the ACE 250 but not quite at the level of the AT Pro. It has also been superseded by the ACE 400, but you can still find plenty around to buy. If you don’t quite have the budget for the AT Pro, but want something with a better frequency range and a higher performance search coil that will help you to better detect gold, then the Garret ACE 350 is for you.
Designed and made in the USA, Garrett is a brand that we’ve long loved and trusted, so we don’t have any hesitation when recommending this brand. But just be sure that this model is right for you. It’s an entry-level detector, but one with a lot more features than a basic model. If you find yourself with a budget between the 250 and the AT Pro, then go with the 350. But if you can upgrade to the AT Pro, we recommend you do.
The ACE 350 is compatible with the 8 inch DD PROformance search coil, which the ACE 250 isn’t – a definite advantage of the 350. Designed to work small, confined and tight spaces, the combo of this metal detector and search coil will work through rocks and trashy areas. The best news? It’s VERY sensitive to small pieces of gold. We think this coil will dramatically increase your chances of finding gold even in highly mineralized soils.
What the Garrett ACE 350 is best for
We highly recommend the Garrett ace 350 metal detector for:
- gold prospecting
- coin hunting
- rings and other jewelry hunting in all soils and sand
- relic hunting
- doing competition events
- dry beach hunting
- fresh water hunting.
Key features of the Garrett ACE 350 metal detector
Each kit comes with:
- Enhanced Iron Resolution™: gives you more control of iron discrimination levels that will help you separate good targets from nearby junk iron.
- Powerful new Double-D search coil: as mentioned above, it provides greater detection depth and performance in mineralized grounds and excellent scanning coverage.
- Higher frequency: offers improved ability to detect both large and small targets such as small gold nuggets.
- Volume control headphones: included with your ACE 350 metal detector kit
- Electronic pinpointing: to help you precisely locate target.
- Accept/reject discrimination: to modify discrimination patterns.
- Five search modes: you can either select a pre-set discrimination pattern or create your own
- Continuous coin depth indicator: to determine the depth of your target.
- Battery condition indicator: shows just how much battery life you have left.
- Interchangeable ACE series searchcoils: are available.
Like other Garrett models, the ACE 350 metal detector also features:
- one touch operation
- disassembly into three pieces for easy transport or storage
- adjustable arm cuff,
- a quarter inch sized headphone jack.
How the Garrett ACE 350 metal detector works
Check out this excellent instructional video from Garrett about the ACE 350
Garrett has produced a whole series of instructional videos to help you get the most out of your ACE 350. Check out their YouTube Channel for more videos.
Garrett ACE 350 specifications
For those of you with a bit more metal detecting experience, here are the product’s specs.
|Digital Target ID||YES, 0-99 scale|
|Target ID Cursor Segments||12|
|Iron Discrimination Segments||4|
|Search Modes||5 (plus Pinpoint)|
|Audio Tone ID Levels||3|
|Standard Searchcoil||7″ x 10″ PROformance™|
|Length (Adjustable)||40″ to 53″ (1.016 m – 1.3462 m)|
|Total Weight||2.8 lbs. (1.27 kgs.)|
|Batteries||4 AA (included)|
Garrett ACE 350 shipping information
Here are the things you need to know about its size and weight if you want to get one shipped:
- Product dimensions: 22 x 11 x 6 inches
- Item weight: 5.4 pounds
- Shipping weight: 5.4 pounds
The Garrett ACE 350 warranty
Garrett equipment is protected by a limited parts and labor warranty for two years from the date of purchase. You can read more about the warranty on the Garrett website.Click to check the Garrett ACE 300 metal detector price
Last modified: March 2, 2020