Garrett ACE 300 Metal Detector
- Digital target ID
- Control screen makes it super easy to use
- Great value for money
- Lightweight and ergonomic
- Waterproof coil
- Can have trouble distinguishing between coins and bottle caps
- Will only detect to a shallow depth
In this Garrett ACE 300 review, we’ll step you through the key features of this metal detector that’s aimed at the more experienced treasure hunter.
About the Garrett ACE 300 metal detector
The deluxe Garrett Ace 300 and Garrett ACE 300i metal detector series were released in 2016. The 300i version of this metal detector is targeted at the European market where the ‘i’ stands for ‘international’, but in the US, it’s just known as the ACE 300. And it’s not to be confused with Garrett’s much older model, the Treasure ACE 300, quite a popular model way back when.
One of the things we love most about this ACE 300 metal detector is its new digital target ID with a scale from 0 to 99 offering visual information about the target, so you know in advance what you’re likely to dig up. We think you won’t find this sort of accuracy with other metal detector units that are double the price. The digital target ID is what really sets it apart from the ACE 150 and other lower version Garrett models.
If you’re not familiar with the Garrett brand, it’s a very reliable metal detector manufacturer. They’re a very sturdy unit without the bulk and heaviness of some other detectors. It’s ergonomic design makes it easy to swing. You’ll also find the sponge in the forearm support is very comfortable. The hand grip is full extendable. It has so many features yet they’ve managed to keep it lightweight and balanced.
Key features of the Garrett ACE 300 metal detector
Each kit comes with:
- a 7″ x 10″ (18 x 25 cm) PROformanceTM waterproof (submersible) search coil (the coil and shaft is waterproof, but the control box isn’t. See the Garrett AT Pro if you want a waterproof metal detector)
- a search coil cover to protect it when it’s not in use
- 8 kHz frequency that has improved the sensitivity and depth capabilities of the Ace 250 when used in conjunction with the search coil – it provides better sensitivity on low and medium conductivity targets such as gold and lead
- increased iron resolution (twice that of the ACE 250!) to help overcome target masking in iron-laden hunting sites
- coin depth indicator and expanded target ID legend that includes an indication of US coin denominations – it can indicate to a depth of about 12 inches for coins and jewelry
- PinPoint mode to help you accurately locate your target (you’ll get that with the ACE 250, but not the 150)
- five other search modes
- notch discrimination
- an adjustable frequency to help eliminate junk interference
- ACE cover
- sharper, more responsive audio and easy-stow headphones.
This metal detector is designed for more advanced hunters with some metal detecting experience. .
What the Garrett ACE 300 is best for
We highly recommend the Garrett ace 300 metal detector for more experienced prospectors who are:
- coin hunting
- doing competition events
- dry beach hunting
- fresh water hunting.
We also recommend it for relic hunting, jewelry hunting, ghost town hunting, and prospecting.
How the Garrett ACE 300 metal detector works
Check out this excellent instructional video from Garrett about the ACE 300
Garrett ACE 300 specifications
For those of you with a bit more metal detecting experience, here are the product’s specs.
|Digital Target ID||Yes, 0-99 scale|
|Target ID Cursor Segments||12|
|Iron Discrimination Segments||4|
|Search Modes||5 (plus Pinpoint)|
|Audio Tone ID Levels||3|
|Standard Searchcoil||7″ x 10″ PROformance™|
|Length (Adjustable)||40″ to 53″ (1.016 m – 1.3462 m)|
|Total Weight||2.8 lbs (1.27 kgs)|
|Batteries||4 AA (included)|
Garrett ACE 300 shipping information
Here are the things you need to know about its size and weight if you want to get one shipped:
- Product dimensions: 22 x 11 x 6 inches
- Item weight: 5.4 pounds
- Shipping weight: 5.4 pounds
The Garrett ACE 300 warranty
Garrett equipment is protected by a limited parts and labor warranty for two years from the date of purchase. You can read more about the warranty on the Garrett website.Click to check the Garrett ACE 300 metal detector price
Last modified: October 2, 2019