In our all-sun Junior Metal Detector Review, we look at the features of this low-cost, light-weight metal detector for kids.
About the all-sun Junior Metal Detector
With the all-sun TS20 Junior metal detector, your kids will be able to hunt for metals such as gold, silver, copper, aluminum, platinum, brass as well as coins, relics and jewelry.
The bright yellow and blue color options are fresh and fun, quite a changing from the boring old black we’re used to. If you’re buying more than one, choosing different colors can help distinguish the detectors between owners.
While you might find this metal detector categorised as a ‘toy’, it’s not. It’s a genuine, working metal detector. It’s features are simple, but this is not a bad thing for kids – it means they’re easy to operate.
It won’t find objects buried very deep – only to about three inches. There are so many factors influencing how deep it will detect – things like the angle at which it’s buried and the size of the object. But as a tool for getting the kids having fun outdoors, this make and model is fine. In fact, it’s really well-priced for a starter metal detector.
Features of the all-sun TS20 Junior Metal Detector
You can detect coins, relics, jewelry, gold and silver with this budget metal detector.
- Easy and fast assembly – watch the video below to see how easy it is to assemble the detector straight out of the box
- Sensitivity control knob so you can tune the detector
- Earphone jack and volume control – plug in a pair of headphones to help tune out ambient noise making it easier to pick up weaker signals, and don’t annoy people around you with the frequent beeping
- Height adjustable – easily adjust the length of the shaft to suit your child’s height
- Lightweight at 1.5 pounds – your child’s arm won’t tire too quickly from swinging this detector around
- Torch and torch holder – your young detectorist can detect in the dark with the torch and its attachment.
|Price||$ Click to check today’s super low price|
|Type of detector||VLF?|
|Suitable for salt water||No|
|Suitable for fresh water||No|
|Suitable for SCUBA diving||No|
|Depth||Up to 3 inches|
|Search coil||6.5 inch search coil|
|Battery life||1 x 9V alkaline battery for the detector and 1 x AA for the torch. Not included|
|Headphones included||No, it has a built-in speaker and headphone jack|
|Age suitable||6 to 12 years|
|Adjustable length||Yes, the length is adjustable (20.5 inches – 31.5 inches)|
You need to buy a 9V battery for the metal detector a AA battery for the torch so you can get it up and running as soon as you receive it.
The searchcoil on this model isn’t waterproof, but at this price point, I wouldn’t expect it to be. If you want at least a weather-resistant metal detector, check out the Bounty Hunter BHJS metal detector instead.
I can’t find the product’s warranty information.
How to assemble the all-sun Junior metal detector
Watch this video to see how easy it is to set up and install this all-sun junior metal detector.
Last modified: September 11, 2019